May 21, 2012

We Got the Keys!

I know this entry is a little late but it has been a bit hectic the past few days and we only expect that to become a trend over the next couple weeks. On May 18th, 2012 we started our day by driving to a title company in Eagan and signing several documents. After a half hour or so and some polite small talk we had the keys to our first house. Well, technically we got a envelope filled with a ton of keys that we had no idea went to what door, but you get the point. After driving straight to the new place, we took this video. It is a tour and our first time being in the house as owners. Enjoy!


Well, I hope you enjoyed that. It was a busy day closing on our new house. I worked until 3:30am the previous night and so was fairly tired at closing. It is somewhat of a blur at this point. Annie's mom came over soon after getting the keys and we started cleaning the house. Here are some photo's of the action.

                                                  (Annie working on the Sink)

             (Mysterious stranger dusting (Annie's mom said she didn't want to be on the blog.))

I cleaned a little but was primarily driving to and fro picking up supplies and Arby's salads for lunch (We wanted to eat healthy because we went to the Nook for dinner). I did, however, plant my two hop plants in the backyard. Did I mention it was stinking hot outside? I got really sweaty. First I had to drive the hop plants over from the apartment. Here is a pic of that sweet ride.
                           (The hops and I going for a cruise-they went out the sunroof!)

I am not sure if they are going to make it, it was pretty hot that day and the rootball came apart pretty badly when I planted them, but we'll see what happens. Hops are suppose to be hearty. See what you think...
                       (The hops are the things around the dowel.)

Well, that's all for now, I am sure there will be more to come soon!

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment